Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dolce, no longer DeeDee

Adelaide reading to Dolce. She says, "Look" or "Watch" and Dolce does (sometimes)! Here they are reading her favorite "series" - Winne the Pooh Tells Time, Opposites, ABC, and Numbers. Thanks to the Cheng family for these great books!

Adelaide astonishes us daily with how much she learns. Makes me feel like a 'bear with a little brain' (to quote A.A. Milne's beloved character)! Now, this week, I think we've left "DeeDee" behind and it is "Dolce". The complete sentences are now emerging, not just the string of 2-3 words. Every few days, I realized on the beloved "babied" words have disappeared - like DeeDee or the specialy way she said 7. Last week I was Momma (not Mommy), this week she's gone back to Mommy-a, the affectionate Korean-izing of names...

Well, at least she still says elephant a way that always makes me smile. I'm not sure if she's saying Uncle Ben or Elephant sometimes! The other day we were picking Ben up at his apartment and I couldn't figure out why Adelaide was talking about a purple elephant (translation: picking up Uncle Ben)... hee hee

No comments: